Incomparable India Module 3
Semi-Guided- 11 Nights/12 Days
Mumbai - Rajasthan - Udaipur - Jodphur - Jaipur - Agra - Delhi
Mumbai is famous for the Bollywood movie culture and the gateway to Rajasthan, land of the Rajas. Rajasthan is India at its exotic and colourful best. Travel via timeless villages to visit historic hill forts. The lakeside city of Udaipur is famed for its white palaces and blue lakes framed by the green Avarallhi Hills. See temples carved in amber at Ranakpur, colourful bazaars, opulent palaces and the sands of the Thar Desert in Jodphur. The stunning 'pink city' of Jaipur and the immortal beauty of the Taj Mahal at Agra will be indelibly etched in your mind forever.
Itinerary and Highlights
- Day 1 (or 14) Arrive Mumbai and transfer to the hotel. Afternoon: City tour of Mumbai including Gateway of India, Prince of Wales Museum and Kamla Nehru Park, then ascend the slopes of Malabar Hill with its Hanging Gardens for a panoramic view. In the evening a walk around the famous Crawford Market will be an experience in itself.
- Day 2 (or 15) Morning ferry to Elephanta Island to visit the historic Hindu treasure of cave carvings created between 450 and 750 AD. Fly to Udaipur known as the’city of lakes’. Afternoon at leisure
- Day 3 (or 16) Excursion to Eklingji & Nagda Temoles on the bank of Lake Bageela. Afternoon tour of City Palace, Saheliyon ki Bari (ornamental garden) and the Jagdish Temple. Enjoy an evening boat ride on Lake Picola.
- Day 4 (or 17) After breakfast drive to Ranakpur – a village in the mountains renowned for its temples carved in amber. Overnight at beautiful Deogarh Palace a heritage property of Rajasthan. Afternoon free to go for a walk in the hills, take a local 1930s train ride, a jeep drive into the countryside, a walk through the village, or relax by the pool
- Day 5 (or 18) Morning free to enjoy the Deogarh Palace. Afternoon drive through timeless villages where people dress in colourful traditional style to reach the blue city of Jodpur where you will stay for two nights.
- Day 6 (or 19) Morning visit Meherangart with its graceful palaces. If you have time explore the bazaar with its rich collection of handicrafts. Enjoy an afternoon jeep safari to the Bishnoi tribal villages to see traditional farming and arts and crafts
- Day 7 (or 20) Morning drive to Nimaj, stay overnight at Camp Chhatra Sagar in a luxury tent .Pristine wetlands, scrub forests, grasslands and farms have made this property a haven for over 200 species of birds.
- Day 8 (or 21) Choice of morning bird watching or farm and village tour to observe rural Rajasthan. Afernoon drive to Jaipur the capital of Rajasthan and also known as the ‘pink city’ due to the colour of the sandstone buildings where you will stay for two nights.
- Day 9 (or 22) Morning excursion by elephant to the gate of Amber Fort a fusion of Mughal and Hindu styles. Afternoon tour includes the Hawa Mahal (Palace of The Winds), City palace and Jai Singh Observatory (Jantar Mantar).
- Day 10 (or 23) Morning drive to Agra enroute visiting Akbar’s abandoned capital, the red sandstone, Fatehpur Sikri. Taj Mahal (closed Friday) and the Agra Fort are the late afternoon highlights.
- Day 11 (or 24) Optional visit to Taj Mahal at sunrise.
- Day 12 (or 25) After breakfast drive to Delhi, transfer to hotel to freshen up before transferring to the International Airport for your flight back home
- Day 13
- Day 14
- Day 15
- Day 16
- Day 17
- Day 18
- Day 19
- Day 20
Extension to – – 0 Nights/0 Days
Itinerary and Highlights