Dolomites – King of the Alps
Footloose- 7 Nights/8 Days
Idyllic mountain lakes, lush alpine pastures, green forests and the legendary Dolomites are the background of this walk through three nature parks.
Hikes around the “Drei Zinnen” and the Trident offer breathtaking impressions of the Sexten Mountains. Relax in the attractive mountain town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, ‘the pearl of the Dolomites’, looking out to some of the most striking summits of the Cristallo ranges. Finish at the beautiful mountain lake: Lake Prags in whose crystal clear waters the whitewashed walls of the Seekofels Mountain, are mirrored.
Itinerary and Highlights
- Day 1 Arrive Niederdorf.
- Day 2 Alta Pusteria – Prages Valley - Plätzwiese (3 – 5 hrs).
From the crystal clear turquoise waters of Lake Pragser Wildsee, ascend through alpine pasture and coniferous forest to the Platzwiese plateau.
- Day 3 Plätzwiese - Strudelkopf or Durrenstein - Plätzwiese (3 or 4 hours).
Circuit walk in the vast pastureland of Platzwiese in the Fanes Sennes Prags Nature Park, largest in the Dolomites. Stunning views of Monte Cristallo and the Three Peaks.
- Day 4 Knappenfuss Valey - Gemärk - Cortina d’Ampezzo (4 or 7 hours).
Walk in the Knappenfuss Valley to Gemark then take either of two options to descend to the beautiful town of Cortina d’Ampezzo.
- Day 5 Circuit Walk: Misurina - Passo Tre Croci - Faloria - Cortina d’Ampezzo (3 or 6 hours).
Transfer to Passo Tre Croci then hike through the Sorapis Mountain Range. Wonderful panoramas of colossal high rocks of the Monte Cristallo mountain ranges with the resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo below surrounded by these well known summits.
- Day 6 Cortina – Nature Park Fanes Sennes Prags – Plätzwiese/Prags (5 hrs – 12 km).
Walk the largest Nature Park in the Dolomites, “Fanes Sennes Prags”, the most admired hiking area in Italy with its unusual flora and natural lakes.
- Day 7 Toblach/Niederdorf - Sexten/Sesto - Toblach/Niederdorf (5 or 7 hours).
From Versciaco take a cable car up Mt Helm for wonderful views of the Sexten Dolomites. Hike from one refuge hut to another in one of the most beautiful valleys of the Pustertal to Sexten.
- Day 8 Arrangements end. Extend your stay with A TASTE OF VENICE
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Day 14
- Day 15
- Day 16
- Day 17
- Day 18
- Day 19
- Day 20
Extension to A Taste of Venice – Footloose – 2 Nights/3 Days
“The World’s Most Beautiful City”. Stay for two nights on the island or the mainland and choose from different tours
Itinerary and Highlights
- Day 8 choose from the following tours:
• Highlights of Venice walking tour;
• Secret trails of the Doges Palace
• Cruise by gondola on the romantic waterways of Venice
• An excursion to the colourful islands of the lagoon.
- Day 9 choose from the above tours.
- Day 10 Arrangements end.